Youth Mental Health First Aid USA is an 8 hour public education program which introduces participants to the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents, builds understanding of the importance of early intervention, and teaches individuals how to help an adolescent in crisis or experiencing a mental health challenge. Mental Health First Aid uses role-playing and simulations to demonstrate how to assess a mental health crisis; select interventions and provide initial help; and connect young people to professional, peer, social, and self-help care.
- Must attend the full 8 hours to receive certificate
- One-hour lunch- on your own
- Must have 10 participants to hold training
- Will receive a manual to keep
- Please be on time
- Must register to attend: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/youth-mental-health-first-aid-open-community-tickets-66460544277