At Compeer, we feel its important to provide our volunteers and their matches with a high quality experience, that will last ideally, for years. That being said, we like to make our eligibility requirements simple, yet clear. We like to provide lots of resources for you, as a volunteer to get the most out of your experience with us. We have provided forms, tools, events (both Compeer lead and community wide), and ideas to help you along the way. Please take a look at everything we have to offer you. Remember to have a friend, you have to be a friend. We want you and your match to be a part of the Compeer family, in the most successful ways. Remember, to have fun, and get creative!
What does it take to be
a qualified Compeer volunteer?
- Be at least age 18.
- Complete the Compeer background check
- Attend Compeer training and adhere to the Compeer vision.
- Be a role model, mentor, and friend to the individual Compeer chooses for you.
- Meet with your friend on a regular basis. Be consistent.
- Be patient and dependable.
- Communicate with your Compeer Coordinator (at least) monthly.
- Submit your monthly reports. (they only take a few minutes to complete – not hard)
- Alert Compeer to changes in your or your friend’s address, phone number, etc.
- Join us in Compeer sponsored events. (They are the best in and around Buffalo)
- Complete annual survey.
- Follow Compeer guidelines when you anticipate the need to end your match.
- Make a friend you will never forget!
- Do something great!
- Have fun!