Buffalo Prep Mentoring
Buffalo Prep staff would like to extend a special thank you to all the individuals that are making it possible to provide additional support to the students of the Buffalo Prep High School through this very important mentoring initiative. Current and future students will have the opportunity to learn from educated, experienced, and engaged individuals throughout Western New York that have a truly vested interest in seeing them succeed. Without your support and contributions, the Buffalo Prep Mentoring Program would not be possible.
Participants commit to having contact four times a month for at least 18 months (in-person, phone, text, email, Skype, FaceTime, etc). Matches are made on similar interests, career aspirations, and preferences of both mentor and mentee participants.
Prospective mentors and people interested in becoming a mentor with a Buffalo Prep student should complete the form below and contact Grace O’Connor, Director of Community Relations & Development Manager at Buffalo Prep at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by calling 716-829-3605. Thank you!
Benefits for Mentors:
- Assist a young person to reach his or her full potential
- Make a difference by sharing knowledge and life experiences, career decisions and successees both past and present
- Provide encouragement and support mentees in handling life’s day to day situations
- Support Buffalo Prep and its mission to support it’s students
Benefits for Mentees:
- Receive assistance in navigating the transition from high school to college/post-secondary education
- Gain insight from working professionals
- Develop a network of educational and professional contacts
- Build a healthy relationship with a caring adult
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.”