As of April 3, 2017
Current Employment Opportunities:
Chief Program Officer
Job Description: Compeer of Greater Buffalo is seeking candidates for the position of a full-time Chief Program Officer. Compeer of Greater Buffalo is also the International Headquarters for Compeer, Inc. which has 50 affiliates in eight states and three countries. The purpose of Compeer is “promoting good mental health through meaningful friendships.”
This position will report to the Executive Director and will have the following international and Buffalo responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership to year round staff including three staff in Rochester
- Be primary point person with colleges and universities
- Stay current on the latest in research around the Compeer model and implement as needed program quality/data/outcome reporting and evaluation.
- Grant writing and securing new funding for program expansion and collaborations.
- Build partnerships with other agencies/schools/businesses to expand programming, increase volunteers and increase funding
- Oversee newly created Volunteer recruitment/awareness campaign
- Be a integral part of the GetSet Leadership Team
- Create and implement staff Professional Development Plan
- Explore and expand the number of Compeer affiliates and conduct an Annual Compeer Conference hosted in Buffalo
- Work with National staff to implement trainings for affiliates and increase our value added for affiliates
- Conduct yearly performance evaluations of staff
- Improve agency systems, procedures and processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate and lead staff towards agency goals and individual goals.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Heath or related Field
- 10 years of progressive increase in Leadership responsibilities with a deep understanding of the social service/human services field.
- A 10 year history of securing substantially new funding and providing leadership to staff
- A proven track record of building collaborations, implementing successful partnerships, and beginning innovative programming.
- A proven track record of grants management and reporting
- Experience in a National organization is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is committed to leadership, self-motivated, innovative, results-driven, and committed to constant improvement. They will be someone who is committed to their own professional development/leadership plan and leads by example. They have a goal to make Compeer the best program in not only Buffalo, but Compeer International. They must have a passion to change the lives of those struggling with mental illness.
Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 21st.