As of July 17, 2017
Thank you for your interest in joining the Compeer team.
Compeer is seeking a Director of Youth Services
Compeer Inc. is an international organization located in 3 countries, 8 states in the U.S. and has 50 affiliates. Compeer of Greater Buffalo is one of the largest affiliates and is a unique agency in Erie County that uses the healing power of friendship to help change lives. Compeer recruits, screens, trains and matches adult volunteers and mentors for one-on-one friendships with children, seniors, adults and veterans.
Overview: The Director of Youth Services is full-time position responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the strategic direction, operations and program development of the Compeer Youth Program.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and participate in the recruiting, interviewing, training, placing and monitoring of volunteers
2. Ensure quality programming and efficient documentation, data collection and progress monitoring
3. Problem solving and crisis intervention as needed for the matches
4. Supervise, organize and participate in outreach/education initiatives for the purposes of volunteer recruitment, community awareness and youth and family education (includes public speaking engagements)
5. Coordinate and facilitate volunteer training sessions, volunteer support sessions and consumer enrichment activities as well as other related programs, activities or functions for volunteers and mentees of all Compeer programs
6. Provide supervision and leadership of student interns and designated staff
7. Expand Compeer Youth Program
Position Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in mental health related field
2. Related experience in mental health, social work or related fields
3. A commitment to strategic program development, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation and meeting program goals
4. Program coordination and development experience in programmatic leadership
Work Somewhere Awesome: Compeer of Greater Buffalo encourages a collaborative work environment with a culture of fun, passion and success. We offer excellent benefits including competitive pay, generous time off, professional development and retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Cheri Alvarez, Chief Program Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 26, 2017.